Sunday, October 7, 2007

Les Rallizes Denudes



My current obsession. I play Les Rallizes Denudes all the time at the Acorn Cafe where I work. At 8am the light is so diffuse and smoldering, and all the architects and designers and art students are so out of it and reluctantly happy to be awake. With the haunted shredding of this band I swear every single one of them smiles and seems to intuitively understand. A perfect sound? Maybe so.

Little do they know that this arguably perfect sound has a very heavy political history. The Wikipedia article notes that "In 1970, the original bass player Moriaki Wakabayashi was involved in the hijacking of Japan Airlines Flight 351 orchestrated by the Japanese Red Army. Singer Takashi Mizutani was allegedly offered a role in the hijacking but turned it down."



In any case I've taken to tripping out really hard listening to their sound, walking under the Steel Bridge late at night slightly above the lapping poisonous river waves, next to the monstrous train tracks and Star Wars like cement plant stilted structures. They make me want to goth out so hard strolling, letting only shards of light hit my face with my hands in my pockets.

4 comments:

honeyo said...

i love all your heavy trypps posts today ashby! today, charlotte and i were talking about how she loves all the names and nicknames that people attain throughout their lives. earlier tonight we were grabbing food at the farm cafe for farewell to my parents. as we all were sitting there eating and talking i found myself sort of float out of the act of talking and eating. all the sudden awareness came and i felt like i was each of them and all of them. our waiter, the light that came in from the street through our window..it felt like even the act of love was just being and then being was just nothing. when i snapped back into the phsyicality of my personality, my karma or whatever you want to call it, i wanted to cry and kiss everyone. thank them for being me and mine and is.

ashby lee collinson said...

I feel so thankful to know exactly what you are talking about. "The act of love is just being." I think that is what I've been tripping so hard on. The act of being has been immense lately, because I feel this incredible crushing world universe love. Like a pack of swifts dispersing and on a whim swirling into the Chapman chimney, only to pounce out again and back into inner tornadoes. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

P.S. All my mosts are heavy trypps...due to the fact that consciousness is so close in this realm it's so easy to chat on back to it.

honeyo said...

i need a new amp! yesss, that is what this video is trying to tell me. bless them, thank you, shalom, etc

nate beaty said...

if you're going to use someone's image (hotlinked from my site brainfag.com no less), at least give some credit. in fact, you should write first and ask. i know it's the wild west of the internets, where everything seems to be free to use, but it's common courtesy.